Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mindless rambles from a mommy's mind

While I realize it has been a while, I still wanted to update you all on how my peanut is doing.

Mister Wyatt has conquered the chew!  Ok, maybe not conquered, but he is getting the hang of it.  One thing that we have noticed is that he loves to eat.  Ok, so this isn't news to anyone, but seriously, he loves to eat.  He has yet to turn anything down.  He even ate a garlic pickle with so much gusto, that you would have thought it was a piece of chocolate cake. 

This chewing is a HUGE step for us.  Wyatt has been in speech therapy since birth.  His very first therapist was amazing.  However, she moved.  Our second therapist was a very nice lady, but wasn't as aggressive as I thought she needed to be.  We have since moved to a new therapist with a different company, and Wyatt has flourished!  He sees her twice a week; once for feeding therapy and once for speech therapy.  He adores her and she is so good with him.  She recognized very early on that he is head strong and needs someone who is tough with him.  His sweet cherub face will not only charm the pants off of you, but will convince you that he needs to get his way.  Thanks goodness our new therapist recognizes this and doesn't play into his charm!

Wyatt continues to walk assisted.  He has yet to take his first step without holding onto furniture, holding someones hands or with his walker.  But, I have total and complete faith that this is going to happen very, very soon. 

As for his vent situation.  He continues to use the CPAP support when he sleeps.  Recently we were having sleep apnea issues, but we have determined what causes it and have all but remedied it ourselves.  Wyatt loves to sleep on his stomach.  However, when he does, his vent alarms that he is apnec.  This is because his trach is actually smaller than it should be and is allowing for what they a leak (because his trach isn't cuffed).  Wyatt's leak has always been huge (which also allows for us to be able to hear him when he vocalizes), but as he grows, he needs a larger trach.  The issue now is whether or not to upsize his trach, or allow him to keep the smaller one, and become more aggressive with weaning him off of the vent.  Decisions, decisions!

Wyatt likes to show us daily that he is two.  He hasn't hit those "terrible twos" yet, but we get glimpses of it.  I told Mike last night that if he like this at two, I dread the teen years!  He cried for twenty minutes last night because he didn't want to put his pj top on.  I mean, come on.  He was so tired, that he was overly tired, and it caused a serious meltdown!  I hate those meltdowns.  I hate that I can't just fix it and make it go away.  However, I love that I am now complaining about normal, regular mom stuff!

Randomness time! 

Current thing that stinks:  Owning a home that you are not living in.  So, I don't know if I have talked about this in the past, but I'm going to complain now.  Please feel free to skip ahead to the next paragraph.  It will be much more exciting!  We still own an home in Michigan; the land of cold and snow!  I have tons of friends who still live there and love and miss them all.  The state itself, not so much!  When we left, our house had been on the market for well over a year, and we had lowered our asking price three times.  The problem was that we couldn't compete with new homes being built at the time.  Our solution was to hire a rental company and get renters in it.  Our next problem became our rental price.  Because the market tanked after we bought the home, there was no way we could get out of if what we owed on it.  So, with renters and after our rental company takes their cut, we are still out of pocket a nice chunck of change every month.  Not to mention that we currently have to rent here, because of said home in Michigan.  So, now we want to list it again and try to sell it.  Our problem being that our rental contract says that if we list it, it has to be with our current rental company (who is also a realty company).  However, they only have one house on the market, and it has been on the market for a long time.  That doesn't exactly say aggressive to me.  On top of that, on Christmas Eve of this year, we received a big tax bill from the County of Kalamazoo for taxes owed from 2009 because we no longer live in that house.  UGH!  They have gotten us coming and going!  So frustrating!

Told you it was bad. You should have skipped straight to this paragraph!  hehehe

Things that rock:  My honey got me tickets to see Elton John!  I. Can't. Stand. It.  For me, he is one of my all time faves and one of my bucket list concerts.  I mean, come on.  It's Elton John.  My fave song is Tiny Dancer.  I dunno why, I mean, I have the rhythm of a rock.  I couldn't dance if I had a gun to my head and someone asked me to pirouette.  It's not good.  Anyway, I adore Elton John.  I think he is amazing. 

Other things that rock:  Wyatt is now in the 25th percentile for length!  YAY!  Until about 3 months ago, he was considered to in the under 3rd percentile for length.  However, since he has started to stand and walk, he has grown like weed!  While I want him to be a baby forever, I always want to be big a healthy.  I as thrilled to hear this news.  His weight has remained the same (65th percentile) with no gain or loss.  We are trying to maintain it so that it is easier for him to be able to move, but our boy loves to eat!  Now that he is eating more by mouth, we are able to cut back on his formula intake, which is nice.  But, he is growing!  And I love it (and hate it)!

So, I have rambled for quite a while now.  I'm sure you are tired of me.  Just remember, it takes me forever to post, so this may be it for a while!  I can't imagine why, what with working full time and a two year old!  I love working and hate it all at the same time.  I am so thankful that I am able to work four days a week.  And, some weeks we have as many as 8 appointments with therapy and doctors appointments.  But I often feel guilty that I am working at all and not at home with Wyatt.  I know that it would be different if there weren't a nurse in our home all of the time.  It is what it is.  We take the good, we take the bad ....  You know the rest!  It's crazy and chaotic and I love each and every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment