Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday's are nice when nothing major happens

So, as I said yesterday, I was able to go home and sleep in my own bed.  On my way home, I stopped by Bubby John and Becky's to eat, pick up my mom and get my Roscoe boy.  Since Mike and I are gone most of the time now, Bubby John and Becky are keeping Roscoe.  He LOVES it there.  He and Bo are best buddies and he loves running up and down their stairs. 

I slept most of the day, only getting up long enough to eat breakfast (that Bubby John brought to me from Micky D's), watch an episode of Being Human and see my mom off on her trip back home. 

I got up for good around 3 or so.  It was so nice to sleep.  It was even nicer to sleep with someone, even if it was Roscoe.  I have slept alone every night since we got here.  It might not bother some people, but it bothers me.  I love having someone else there. 

So, I called Mike on my way back to the hospital to tell him I was on my way and to tell him if he met me out front, we could go to dinner and then come back.  That's when he said that we were, again, moving to a new room.  You have to be kidding me. 

When I got to the hospital, I was not exactly happy.  Thank goodness our nurse was again sweet Curry.  When I asked her why it was easier for them to move the child and not the nurse, she told me.  Yesterday they moved him because the child he was paired with in the other pod required too much attention and they needed to move him for staffing reasons.  This move was because the cardiac surgeries take place during the week and the pod we were in was a cardiac pod and they needed the rooms.  Ok, I could calm down now!

Much to our surprise, we were moved back, not only to our old pod, but to our old room.  That's nice.  However, I had to say goodbye to my bathroom and go back to the nasty public bathroom.  YUCK.  Peeing must now be only when I simply can not hold it anymore!!!

Mike and I went to dinner at Calhoun's.  I had to have their pretzels with beer cheese.  And, it was incredible.  On the way back to the hospital we stopped at Walgreens.  I got a new magazine and some sweets.  In the PICU we can't have food in our rooms like we did on the regular floor.  So, I sneak in Lemon Heads and other hard candies.  It makes me feel better! 

Overall, today has been a good day.  No more temperature.  But more than that, they have figured out a happy place for Wyatt's medicine.  Before, it was either total knocked out sedation or total anger for our boy.  When he was out, he was out and that was most of the time.  But, when he was awake, he was trashing and trying to pull out the vent, even with no-no's on his arm and they would then have to sedate him.  Today, they got it right.  It was so amazing to see him awake and moving, but not thrashing.  I could talk to him and he would watch me.  It's been a good day.  Little steps.

I want to become more thankful for things that are good right now instead of always looking at what it wrong.  So, I am going to try and add at the end of my blogs the things I am thankful for.  They may be trivial, but I think it's nice to not always be so forlorn.

Today I am thankful for music.  The following are the songs I have on repeat.  They may change tomorrow.

Mountain Heart's Gospel Heart and John

Everything by the Glee Cast.  Right now Don't Stop Believing, Time Warp, No Air, Poker Face and Teenage Dream

Katy Perry's Firework

CeeLo Green's Forget You

The Beetles' Blackbird

Bruno Mars' Just the Way You Are

Florence + The Machine's Dog Days Are Over

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for these updates, as the insight helps me get a glimpse into your life and heart.

    I am glad today was a good day.
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete